Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Update Part: 2

The next thing on the list to update everyone is my suspension upgrades. Now some I did at different times but I'm just going to give most if not all of the upgrades that are currently on the car. First off I bought and installed Hotchkis 2 inch lowering springs for the front end. They were for a mid 70's Camaro/ Firebird but still would fit my car. The front shocks I swapped out the crappy stock shocks from '79 and added Monroe's Sensa-Trac Coil over shocks to help with some pretty bad bouncing and give it a stiffer ride. They also helped in overall driving considering I like to take turns too. I also added front sway bar bushings to help the sway bar end links control body roll.
Now moving to the rear suspension, I added stock wagon rear springs that are the variable weight, combined with Monroe's Sensa-Trac rear shocks. I also added a rear sway bar from a Cadillac to help the rear end body roll. I then bought mini spring compressors to lower the rear end of the car and inch or so to even further help with handling and body roll. Overall the car had a very aggressive stance and is a force to be reckoned with on the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment